Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

Mother’s day has just passed recently and everyone is talking about their mother. I’m glad that everyone is proud of their mother. So am I. In fact, I would consider my mum as the greatest gift from god… I’m so lucky to be given birth by her.

Most people’s mums are strict… because their mums want them to be the best. So is mine. Really strict… but luckily there’s my mum. Otherwise, I would not be what I am today.

Let’s start from the beginning when I was one year old… I was actually sent to an old baby-sitter (so called very experience but it’s the other way round). That baby-sitter is really a dumb one. So lousy that I would rather have taken care of myself at that age. According to my mum, all the baby-sitter did was just jail me in the cot and stuffed my mouth with the lousy “neng chui” (if u know what that is…) so that I don’t cry.

As a result, I don’t even know how to say a word at the age of 3… can u imagine how stupid I was?? All I could say was ‘mam mam’ (eat) and ‘erk erk’ (berak)… nothing else. So, my education only starts when I’m three. Wow… it was a really tough time. If the baby-sitter has taken care of me better, I wouldn’t have eaten so much rotan. I never knew how to go to the toilet so u know larr….

Now, my eating speed is incomparable… with most of my friends. That’s not because I have four sets of teeth but because I was trained. When I was young, I eat like a plant making food… around 3 to 4 hours per meal. I will need more than ten minutes to swallow a mouthful of food. There’re many times where I was so slow that the food I’ve already eaten had digested and came out from my buttocks ( the input and the output happen at the same time).. coming to think about it, it’s kinda weird.. for me…(but at least I had no trouble ‘buang air besar’ when I was in primary school. Do you? Avery?).
My mum was really mad at that time, so I had my meal is food with cane. Then, whenever we eat out, if my family finish first before me, they would just leave me there. U know, kids are scared being alone…

Now, come to talk about studies, it’s the toughest time ever…but luckily I did survive…my mum is really strict when it comes to studies. I still remembered when I was in kindergarten. I was over imaginative… I thought kuih could also function as an eraser. So, I rubbed my exercise with the kuih… and the book turned out to be full of the sticky kuih. When my mum saw it, she immediately tore the whole page and I was forced to redo the whole thing…. I was really stupid larr…

Then in primary school level, I was always expected to get top five. There’s once when I was in primary one. The first sem, I got third… and the second sem, I dropped to tenth…when I told my mum, my bed was thrown down and I was forced to sleep downstairs for a few days… then in primary two, I shot up to the first…(can u imagine my mum’s power?)… the funny thing is that, in sem 2, I got second… I was so scared to tell my mum cuz my results dropped… so I hid my results (I hid my report card) until my mum found out herself and only to find that she was satisfied…. Made me wasted so much of my fun time cuz I din dare to play when I lied. And then in primary school, I realized that I was kinda lazy. As a result I was often locked outside the house until midnight. Hmmmm… that made me independent.

Mothers really like to use rotans to bring up their children. So does mine. My mum used to have a rotan… her favourite ones… and it lasts long too… so one day, I hid the rotan between the cushions. My mum din manage to find the cane so we actually had a few safe days… but after that, she got a new one… bigger and longer some more. Haiyo… that made me regret for hiding the rotan.

Luckily, when I reached secondary school, my mum thought we were old enough so the rotan was made as a stick to play lantern during the mooncake festival.

My mum is also the trendy type and cares for the outward appearances. She’s 47 but she looks like she’s still in her thirties. If u’ve seen my mum, u might have noticed.. In fact, all my clothes are actually chosen by my mum. I never knew how to choose. Only know how to wear them. So I never have to worry about what I want to wear.

My mum is actually also our coach in sports. She was an athlete last time so whenever we’re free, we’ll play together. Basketball, ping pong, badminton… she knows all except swimming. Hehe…

Although my mum’s really strict, she’s actually open-minded. She thought us about sex education. Sometimes, she even asked, “come on…tell me who’s ur girlfriend.” “ u’re old enough and should find one already”.

I really loved my mum. She has sacrificed so much for us. She’s always there for us when we’re in trouble. My mum actually resigned from her favourite job just make sure that we’re brought up perfectly. However, now she’s attached to my father in business cuz we’re all old enough to survive independently. But now she only went to work once a week. Unlike other accounts clerk. That’s not because she’s my father’s wife but because she’s real fast. She could just finish one whole week’s accounts in a few hours without making any mistakes…now that’s amazing rite??

Well, that’s 5% about my mum. There’s so much to say when it comes to talking about my mum… so much experiences that I could publish a book with the title “My mother”. That’s my mother. The one and only mother I have. I’m really lucky that she’s strict. Otherwise, I won’t be what I am today. I might have become a dumbass or a rebellious person without her… I might not even be able to pass foundation although I repeat more than three times if there’s no such person as my mum to rely on.

Life would be meaningless if I don’t have my mother with me. If anyone asks me this question, “To whom are u willing to sacrifice ur life for?”, the answer would be my mother.

7 comments:

  1. ah wui jie ah..how come just now u told me the answer to who would you sacrifice ur life for is ur mom and me..ERK !!..jus kidding..i think mums collectively make a pact together to use rotan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naughty little wuijie. Hahah.

    U reminded me about rotans. My dad always put it at the top of the fridge. No matter how high it was i will definately stacked up the chairs and take it. Hid it all underneath the sofa and refrigerator too.

    When spring cleaning time comes, sure can find lots of rotan with different sizes. Hahaha.
    Good old times. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow... i realise that every family has at least one rotan at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, the eraser part is funny. Dunno u r like that last time. =D
    I thought I am the only one being caned by mum la. Ur mum is so much more strict but u never complain to us. *Feel ashamed of myself.
    |::Love our mums::|

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think everyone makan rotan when they kecik la. I did too! I kenak quite a lot of times aa~ Hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  6. oiikkksss...
    i like this one....!!
    u remind me about my mom that..
    T.T

    nice jordan...!! ^.^

    ReplyDelete