Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Time to Say Goodbye to Spain =(

It's been quite a while since I've last updated. Been really busy with different things. I'm still in Spain but SADLY I'll be leaving Spain on Thursday which is in two days' time. OH WHY SO FAST!!!

Well, I've just had the best night in my life last night. My supervisors (since they have all supervised me throughout the three months and I've spent the most time with them); 4 of them, and my supervisor's cousin, which is also my housemate have actually organized farewell dinner for me. How lucky am I yea? It's good enough I manage to get a training in Spain but I also managed to have great great people around me, leading and guiding a noob wanderer in Spain. I think that's one of the reason why I love Spain so much.

And it's not just a regular dinner. It's a surprise dinner.. HAHA!! how cool is that!! I would be really happy if I had regular farewell dinner or lunch with them but again, they actually spent some time organising a surprise dinner. And it definitely is much easier for them because they communicate in a different language. But of course, with my eavesdropping ear and my nature of extreme curiosity, I did find out a little bit earlier before the dinner =D. But I'm still surprised because I don't know who would be attending.

So, we had dinner at this very famous Catalan restaurant in Girona.
Pictures of famous people who ate at this restaurant
This restaurant sure have got delicious local cuisine. Well, if you don't know how Catalan food is like, below are a few famous ones

It's not Catalan if there's no Jamon
That rounded thing is rice with pork blood

Underneath, there's baked potato with eggs

Botifarra or something like that... which I love very much!!

And of course all kinds of dessert to choose from.

I've always controlled myself from drinking too much but last night, I let myself enter into the next level of drinking. Well, it's Spain so it's stupid not to do it. Ok.. let me explain how people drink here in Catalunya. First, before dinner, we have a glass of beer. Then during dinner we had red wine.. three bottles of wine for six people in a meal. It's like half a bottle for each person. Then after meal, we had shots of some local alcohol which I don't know the name. I was given four shots. It's like a three course drink where there's appetizer, main and dessert drinks..

Beer and wine together?? Now who's the better drinker huh...

My first shot ever in my life.. =D

I don't know the name of this. It's vodka similar but locally made.

My supervisors and my housemate..THANK YOU!!!
Which one is my housemate??


























And after dinner, I went to a bar with the rest of my housemates and had another bottle of beer. Then we're supposed to go to another place but I was already wasted so we headed home.

I'll be BACK IN SPAIN SOON!!! It wouldn't be the last!!

No comments:

Post a Comment