Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Aljaferia Palace and More

I'm so not done with Zaragoza yet... so here you go. More stuff about the unique place...

This is Abu Jaffar Al-Muqtadir, the king during the Banu Hud dynasty. Once upon a time, as far as I can recall, I think I had a castle in Zaragoza, built during the late 11th century. Well, it was during the Muslim empire and I was really rich, so I got myself a summer castle. One castle is not enough. One for my wife, my mistresses... damn it.. how many do I have again?? I don't remember.

Well, this is my beloved castle. So so beautiful.. And I'm pleased with the peoples' work of maintenance. It still looked so new.. Wow!! I'm amazed.. Before maintenance, I was told it was a total wreck. Lots of Islamic
Of course, like the typical castle, I have a wide land area of garden surrounding my beautiful castle.
























Let us go in..
And here you have...the interior of my castle...

























Isn't it lovely? With all the beautiful complicated carvings. I am complicated as people say..

And here.. looking from another view... Wait!! who's that guy over there?? And what's he doing? Oh... now I remember. He's Jordan, my really good friend... But how come he's still so young?? Impossible!!

And here you have... more sophisticated designs...I like sophisticated designs because I'll feel relaxed when I get back from work.. Oh wait... Which one makes us feel relaxed?? Complicated or simple... Now I feel complicated..

And there's more designs... don't be shocked when you see it..
























Well, I have great imagination and I added in lots of Muslim architecture. Lots of symbols to represent all kinds of stuff.

Even the ceiling in my castle looks complicated, I just realised.. Really... did I really ask that much?? Well, my architects and construction men sure are geniuses because they manage to make it into reality.

Let's move on..
Huh... who drew on my wall?? Monster house?? Really??


This castle was not only occupied by and my people. It was occupied by the Christian Kings after they reconquered. Don't wanna talk much about that because it was my downfall.

Well, that's basically what I could recall about the castle. So many security guards nowadays and tight opening hours. I didn't know I hired that many. I told them I owned the castle but they laughed. What's so funny about that?? Nevermind..

For more info, visit here.

Well, near my castle, there is a park, called Parque Grande. Beautiful park indeed.

And lovely couples go to beautiful parks... Isn't that nice? East meets West and they're loving each other.. That's how the world unites!!
























Oh yea.. did I mention my car as well?? Limousines are everywhere... Normal limousines, Hummer limousines...
I want to be different so I got myself a limousine lorry.. Not bad ehh...

1 comment:

  1. Jajaja, great! Just something funny :P :P
    The Park is not near the Aljafería Palace... it's only because we went by car and so fast because it was closing... jajajaja :D

    ReplyDelete