Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Masia Restaurant

This is about another restaurant...again...called Masia Restaurant located at Lloret de Mar. Lloret is one of the most popular spots for young tourists. I was told that Lloret is where sex, drugs and alcohol lives. But I didn't go there for that. I go there for food.


Like other Catalan restaurants, the design is also based on antique styles. There're lots of antique farming tools hanging on the walls. I remember taking lots of pictures but I don't know where it goes...How I wish I can download them from my memory instead.

The only picture of antiques left is this antique sewing machine. Old times.. when people are healthier because they exercise more. Even sewing needs lots of energy. Unlike now.. things are so easy even the sewing designs are computerised.


Well, the restaurant is quite big and complicated. It took me 10 minutes to find the toilet. I walked up the stairs and down the stairs repeatedly but couldn't find it. Only after I asked then I realised it's in the middle of the stairway. I mean who knows the toilet would be in the middle. It's always ground floor or first floor but half-floor?? And I didn't see any sign board either.


About the food, the restaurant serves mainly seafood. Again, I lucky picked the dish from the menu. And this is what I picked..

One whole plate of mussels for appetizer. Wooh... it is a lot of mussels I tell you. Usually for marinara pastas there're only two to three mussels and I would complain the restaurant being stingy. Here, I have one whole plate of just mussels. Had too much of it I'm not eating mussel for a month. Seriously...


Then, for the main course, I had baked fish with potatoes. It's quite good though.. Not awesome but good. I think they did add curry powder to the fish.

And finally, for dessert, I had Crema Catalan. Although it's the dessert which is supposed to be as a "mouth-washer", I think this would be the climax of my meal. It's similar to creme brulee but the Catalan style. Best dessert so far in Spain. The texture is so fine it melts away in my mouth and the sugar crisp on top provides the sweet bite... Mmmmmm... excelente!!

No comments:

Post a Comment