Tuesday, August 3, 2010

10 B

Here comes another post and it's about.... FOOD again!!! yeah... I'm just so glad I was given the privilege to try this and that for free.

This time, it's a restaurant at the city centre of Girona called 10B. I don't know what inspired them to give such name but I think it's simple. On the way there, I kept on hearing 10B within the Catalan conversation and I thought it was some sort of project but no... it's just 10B. I know Spanish people will never talk about work during lunch. And there's no use calling them during lunch to ask about work because you'll never reach them until lunch time is over.


Well, this restaurant sure is a very busy restaurant... People queue up waiting for their turn to sit down. And for the first time in my life, I see the waiter come to our table and shoo us away... literally with their hands like when you chase a way a cat. I guess they have been doing this a lot considering the continuous crowd they have. But it wasn't anything serious and the customers are considerate and smart enough to realize the situation.


The meal in this restaurant is divided into four parts. The first was potato soup (forgot to take the picture) for palate and tongue "cleansing". Cold potato soup. It's more popular to have the soup served cold in Spain. So far I have not had hot creamy soup yet in restaurants. For me, the first mouth is always surprising because there's a mindset that soup is always hot. I think most Asians would have that kind of mindset.

Everytime, when I have the first spoon of soup, I would always get the reflex action like "Huh, cold soup??" But after that, it just gets tastier until the very last spoon.

Then comes the appetizer. I ordered the famous Spanish potato omelette called Tortillas de patatas. But to be honest, I didn't know what I ordered until when the dish is served. The names are always different and it's in Catalan. It happens every lunch. I would just pick the coolest name and then wait to be surprised. It's like Boxing day every day.


And then the main course. I also didn't know it was fish until then. But I'm like Ferdinand Magellan in the food world so nothing bothers me. The portion wasn't that big but I think there's a reason for it.


And here comes the unique part of the restaurant, the dessert session. Unlike other restaurants, 10B has a bar with all sorts of desserts and it's "All you can eat". I was surprised at first and didn't dare to take so many rounds for I fear there will be extra charges. But nope, it's included in the lunch set price. Kinda regret for not taking more though.

I've had all kinds of normal buffet before but never the "dessert only" buffet.
I only had two small pathetic rounds though... Sigh.. haha

The first was the caramelized baked apple. This is the first time I've tried baked apple and it was good. I like how the sweetness and the sourness is being locked inside. Plus the sugar bits on top...YUM
Then the second round was chocolate dipped pudding and fruit topped pastry and cookies. The three balls on top are the best sweet stuff I've tasted in Spain. I took five actually and ate two before taking the picture.

And throughout the meal, I drank this. This beautifully bottled vodka lookalike is in fact just plain agua. A very high class looking water. And it's not refilled. The bottles served are all sealed. I wonder how much it cost... Perhaps I should buy back as souvenirs. People would think it's some sort of expensive alcohol and I'll just keep quiet, telling them not to open too soon.
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment