Thursday, July 29, 2010

Well Preserved Spain

We all know that Spain is a really old country. It's where we get stories of kings and queens, knights and castles. Not the fairy tale ones with fairies and witches but real ones.
Hence, there are lots of priceless historical structures especially castles.

And the Spanish people, they really appreciate their history and have preserved their heritage really really well. How well?? It's so well that they're still using the building up till today.

This is one example that I have captured while working. It's in Llagostera; a small town but really rich in heritage. There're lot's of old buildings which have been transformed into homes for the local people.

And the pictures below are images of a small castle building at the top of the hill.


That's a small tower of the castle. I'm within the castle area at the moment


I like the view of the clouds and it's the first time it rained like cats and dogs since the day I arrived. Made me miss Kuching all of a sudden..

This is what you have when you see from below..it's the same tower


That's the main remnant of the castle... probably it's the castle


The building is like Madonna... still looked really good despite the age. Probably lots of concrete botox and beauty treatments


That's the entrance into the building. Today I was lucky because the door is open so I went in.


And here you go... the interior of the building

Who would ever know that it's the interior of a very old building if you enter the building blindfolded. I was so amazed by the beauty of the designs. For your information, it's the town people's church.. Duh.. obviously!! It's much nicer in 3D. =D

What they've done to their heritage made me got interested in their history all of a sudden. Probably that's their tactic. When I got in, I felt like Nicholas Cage in National Treasure. I was thinking if there're dungeons or hidden chambers with clues or treasures. Really wanted to explore but they had some kind of events so I had to leave. And I was halfway working too. Lol..

Compared to our very famous Fort Margherita?? Our fort definitely is much younger than the castle. It looks nice exteriorly but only foreigners visit the fort. To us locals, it's a haunted building. Well.. that's the difference we've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment