Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Journey to Girona: Part 2

From the airport, Javier was the one picking me up. He’s a Local Committee of the IAESTE in Spain. I was supposed to be taking a train to Girona but he ended up driving me all the way to Girona which took around 2 and a half hours. He even drove me around Barcelona for sight-seeing. It was awesome. On the way, I saw girls sitting at the road side alone, wearing sexy clothes. Javier told me they are bitches (whores actually). That’s new to me.

They call this the Dick Building... haha





This building is so grand in real life.. It's a museum

I reached my accommodation at 5p.m. It’s a share flat. Quite a traditional flat which I did not get used to at all but it was ok the next day. I did not have the jet-lag feeling though. Probably because I’m like a pig. I slept at 9p.m and woke up at 6a.m. I didn’t have dinner because no shops were open. I even had to ask shampoo and bath gel from my flatmate because I threw mine away in the airport.

I have 3 flatmates. Tina from Finland who speaks perfect English, Oscar who speaks little English, and another guy who does not speak English but I haven’t seen him yet. I guess I’ll have to let it flow naturally. I’ll always say “Puedo hablar un poco de Espanol” (I speak little Spanish) but when they speak in Spanish, I would say “No entiendo” (I don’t understand)

The greetings here would be hard for me though especially to the girls. When I first arrived, Tina and Javier did the cheek to cheek greeting but I only shook her hands. It’s a really bad impression. I reminded myself to try to do that when I was in the car but when I met the girl, I just can’t do it. Lol. This is gonna take some time.


And my room.. Not too shabby but still it's differ

No comments:

Post a Comment