Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Andreu in La Roca

Well, here comes another Spanish food post again. This time, it's something which cannot be found in Australia or Malaysia. Just Spain.

So, we went to this place called the La Roca Village. It's actually a Direct Factory Outlet where you can find lots of French buying stuff from this place.


A few shops away from the entrance, you'll find a restaurant called Andreu.

This restaurant serves nothing else but HAM and CHEESE. Every dish has got either ham or cheese. So if you don't like to eat ham, then it's not recommended.

However, it's not exactly the ham that you can find in the supermarket. It's really high quality ham. The pigs are like the "kampung chicken" which runs freely and they are only fed corn and not waste which human cannot finish eating.

The ham legs for sell. It's really expensive. 85 pounds for one leg.
I can actually buy a return ticket to Germany or London

Of course, the ham has this price for a reason. It's just awesomely delicious. And the texture of the ham is fantastico!!

The menu of the Restaurant. It's either you order something with ham or with cheese. Anything else then maybe you'll have to go to Restaurant Asiatic Nou Wok.. =D

The starter of my meal. It's sheep's cheese with tomato marmalade (Not tomato sauce ok... tomato marmalade.. sweet stuff). It's my first time eating this and like usual, I like it. It's more elastic compared to the regular cow's cheese.


Then I have the Ilberian ham with Brie cheese served on pizza bread. This is the best ham sandwich I've ever tasted. So good. It's almost like silk, the meat.

I wasn't full, so I decided to go for another round. This one is Pork Loin Fillet with Brie. This one is not bad but it wasn't as good as the first one. This one is a little bit tougher which I don't really prefer.

Then, my dessert is cheese cake. It's ok but wasn't the type I yearned for. I wanted the really heavy and rich cheesecake which they don't have.

However, overall, it's really a must visit restaurant if you visit Catalunya. After trying this, you'll feel the difference in the ham here and the ones available in the supermarket.

Till then

No comments:

Post a Comment