Monday, July 12, 2010

World Cup 2010 Finale in ESPAÑA : Part I

It´s my first time Spain. And it´s the World Cup season. Of course it´s nothing much but the country I´m in right now is the winner of the World Cup for the very first time. It´s even their first time to be in the finals... Now that´s something. If I was in Malaysia, World Cup 2010 would still have been the same like the previous ones. However, this time, I was able to squeeze in with the crowd and then watch them celebrating after winning.

We all gathered at Plaza de España in Barcelona; the spot with a very very large TV screen. I guess the happenings in Madrid would have been more extreme but Barcelona is good enough.

The journey started off with a very packed train ride to Barcelona. And it´s not a short trip. It´s a torturing 45 minutes. If the trains in Melbourne during peak hours are related to canned sardines, then I guess, the one I had in Spain can be related to garbage being cubed. Totally no air. Let me explain how packed it was. I had my hand squeezed between two girls´butt and then another one literally leaning on me (in front). And then I was leaning on someone else. I don´t even have to worry about falling despite not holding any support bars because I was supported 360 degrees.

I finally got out of the train. What a relieve that no one farted in the train

At Plaza de Espana.. Many people

In five minutes... More people

Another Five minutes... Number multiplied

Yeap... More...

Yeaahh... That's it.. It took me almost ten minutes just to reach the front

Suddenly everyone becomes cooperative. They all helped each other to climb up

Even the top of the toilet has people... Imagine if you wanna shit... Kek sai...
Then BOOM BOOM from the top.. the shit goes in again. Not easy. Even for peeing

Initially, I was only at the side..

Then I decided to get into the crowd with my friends. I lost the first group of friends but luckily I found the second group

Taken from inside the crowd.. =D

That's it... I'm in the crowd.. That's me with friends.. the other girl's face was covered unfortunately.

All together, there're around 100,000 people I was told.. But perhaps 30% are supporting Netherlands. That's because I'm in Catalunya. You can't call them Spanish. They're Catalans. It's complicated.

This is before the match begins. After the match, it's another different thing. I had to go back to Girona in the middle of the match but arrived right in time for the celebration.

Octopus Paul has spoilt the suspense. It's like it's known that Spain's gonna win for sure. I'm pretty sure the octopus has caused a lot of loss for the betting companies.

The celebration to be posted in Part II

No comments:

Post a Comment